McManimon Scotland & Baumann, LLC’s Environmental Law Group has over twenty-five years’ experience in assisting public and private clients navigating the site remediation process under an array of federal and state statutes and regulations, including the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, the N.J. Site Remediation Reform Act (SRRA), the N.J. Industrial Site Recovery Act (ISRA), the N.J. Technical Requirements for Site Remediation, and technical guidance issued by the N.J. Department of Environmental Protection.
Who We Serve
- Fortune 500 companies
- Small businesses
- Commercial landlords/tenants
- Redevelopment agencies
- Public entities
- Responding to the release of hazardous substances and identification of immediate environmental concerns
- Complying with ISRA
- Navigating the Preliminary Assessment, Site Investigation, Remedial Investigation, and Remedial Action Process
- Assessing and mitigating the risks associated Vapor Intrusion
- Utilizing Institutional Controls (i.e. Deed Notices) and Engineering Controls (i.e. Caps) to control the costs of site remediation
- Obtaining and complying with Remedial Action Permits issued by the NJDEP
- Acting as a strategic liaison between the clients and Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs)
- Representing LSRPs in navigating the delicate balance between client advocacy and meeting the standards for regulatory approval inherent to the SRRA / LSRP Program
For more information about our Environmental Practice, please contact Eric E. Tomaszewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973.622.5159.